Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Application Support Analyst
Location: TX - 1801 Mai
The Application Support Analyst works with help desk and IT personnel, developers, testers, business analysts and customers to ensure thorough analysis of incidents and business circumstances involved. Activities include troubleshooting and testing to identify the possible cause of incidents; determining the appropriate course of action to resolve the issues with minimal business disruption, and establishes processes to ensure application availability. Responsibilities include installing and maintaining banking applications in production environments including new releases, enhancements and upgrades. The Analyst will serve as liaison between departments as well as preparing necessary documentation in the support of various applications. A successful Application Support Analyst will have prior application support specialist experience, and must be strong with analysis, issue management, and user interface/management. May assist the development of the software support analysis team members. Other duties as assigned.
· The primary purpose of this position is to provide third-tier applications support for existing and new applications.
· The analyst will ensure resolution of Service Desk incidents of medium and high complexity in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures, configuration guidelines and service level agreements for applications.
· Utilizes Application knowledge to effectively troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems.
· Interfaces with Business Units, Service Desk and Development areas to ensure problem is resolved.
· Assists Application Support Manager in developing/revising policies and procedures for supporting new and ongoing applications.
· Escalates inquiries to business partner to resolve system issues and acts as a liaison until problem is resolved.
· Adheres to established standards and procedures for Level 3 Application Support.
· Coordinates and participates in any testing and quality checks centered on the resolution of Application Support issues.
· Support other projects as and when required.
* Bachelor's with 2 year’s directly related experience.
* Prior application development or business systems analysis experience
* Full use and application of related principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
* 2 years direct experience in UNIX/LINUX environments showing demonstrated growth in responsibility and capacity
* AIX, Solaris, Weblogic, and Bladelogic experience
* Knowledge of web-based information security theories, concepts and techniques.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment; must be flexible.
* Ability to understand business impact and prioritize issues/projects.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others, particularly in teams.
* Strong analytical skills, managerial skills and skills interfacing with end-users
* Ability to accept24x7 On Call Responsibilities
· Experience with java based web applications and related banking systems for internet and mobile banking
· Prior application development or business systems analysis experience
· Intermediate to Advanced Unix skills and experience