Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Software Engineer II
Location: USA-UT-American Fork
Other Locations: null
The successful candidate needs to be able to perform moderately complex product design, systems analysis, and programming activities which may require some research. Perform moderately complex bug verification, releases testing and beta support for assigned products.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Engineers, codes, and debugs both new and legacy code.
* Assists User Documentation Specialist in assembling information for user documentation and assists technical support and development team in solving programming-related problems.
* Assists in quality assurance measures (code reviews, unit, integration and functional test creation, etc.).
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
* Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
* Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
* Desire 3 years of professional software engineering experience.
* Experience in object-oriented software engineering methodologies.
* Experience with the following technologies:
* Java or C#
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE THAT IS A PLUS:
* SQL (Triggers, Stored Procedures, etc.)
* Test Driven Development (TDD) (JUnit, NUnit, etc.)
* Design Patterns (MVC, Command, IoC, etc.)
· HTML, CSS
* Spring MVC
* Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
* Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
* Entity Framework / Linq to SQL
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Good technical knowledge of software design and implementation.
* Good time management, communications, decision-making, and organization skills.
* Current on new technology and development techniques within the software industry.
* Proficiency in applicable object-oriented software languages (Java, C#, etc.)
* Good problem solving skills.
* Ability to multi-task and work well under high pressure.
* Works well independently as well as in a team.
Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering or computer science