Dell Advisor, IT Service Ops in Draper, Utah
Advisor, IT Service Ops
Job ID R12604
Date posted 10/10/2017
Location Draper, Utah
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Acts as a part of the Regional Operations Command Center (ROCC) team or may act independently to ensure holistic support including applications, infrastructure, security, information access, system performance and data integrity. Resolves complex technical and mission-critical environments and is regarded as knowledgeable in one or more technologies. Monitors the overall health of multiple services, infrastructures, and security and participates in incident management and change management. Typically handles incidents within one technical realm, may assist in more complex technical environments. Supports new and existing infrastructure, security, and applications. Recognizes recurring problems and assist other teams in recommending enhancements and process improvements. Works with other teams and business units to monitor and resolve system outages. May be deemed a subject-matter expert in one or more technical disciplines. May need to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve complex issues. Develops broad knowledge of the organization’s mission and strategy and relates it to day-to-day operations and incidents. If eligible, may also at any time, depending on customer requirements, be required to perform and pass U.S Government background checks at various levels, including additional drug/background screening.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recognizes and troubleshoots moderate technical problems within acceptable service levels. Monitors and reacts to output from tools and monitoring systems. Depending on severity and complexity of the incident, will escalate or troubleshoot accordingly. May participate in moderately complex incidents and outages.
• Communicates with cross-functional teams, primarily at the individual contributor level, to provide problem resolution updates. Insures incident information is accurate before escalating to other EMC teams.
• Utilizes external and internal resources, including teammates, to investigate technology and build knowledge. Regularly contributes to departmental documentation and knowledge bases. Understands and leverages technical and incident communication structure; may be asked to participate in cross-functional teams.
• Provides technical expertise in cross-functional and intra-departmental efforts. May participate in root-cause analysis of technical incidents.
• May work on multiple problems or projects simultaneously depending on complexity.
• Participates in process and technical improvements to the IT environments and overall customer experience.
• May mentor less experienced staff.
• Strong Technical aptitude
• Ability to multi-task
• Problem Solving skills
• Sense of urgency
• Troubleshooting skills
• Communication skills
• Knowledge of Linux and some Networking is a must
• Basic Scripting and/or programming helpful
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
• 2-5+ years of experience preferred