Intermountain Healthcare Courier Customer Service Spec I - Provo - ON CALL in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position represents the face of Intermountain Healthcare to customers, patients, and physicians who use Courier services to transport items between facilities and organizations within Intermountain Healthcare. This positon is responsible to take care of the customers' needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful, and high quality service. This position drives a light or medium duty vehicle less than 10,000 GVW, making deliveries of equipment, packages, specimens, and supplies. The routes vary from short local routes of only a few miles to long distance routes covering up to 500 plus miles per day.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Safety Awareness: Safely operates a motor vehicle in a variety of conditions and environments to complete deliveries of equipment, packages, specimens, and supplies. Stays aware of conditions and circumstances that affect one's own safety or the safety of others. Protects the physical well-being of personnel and self against work related accidents, injuries, or other debilitations.
- 2. Service Focus: Ensures the needs of the customer is the primary focus; shows interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers; demonstrates the need to gain customer trust; meets or exceeds customer expectations; shows willingness to gather and listen to customer feedback.
- 3. Effective Communication: Cleary conveys information and ideas in a manner that engages the customer, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed and involved as appropriate.
- 4. Managing Work: Manages time effectively and accomplishes assigned tasks. Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines the correct use of resources. Determines necessary sequence of activities to achieve goals.
- 5. Initiative: Supports department's goals and objectives. Takes a proactive role in all department initiatives; strives to continuously improve processes and service levels beyond minimum job requirements; takes prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- 6. Adaptability: Adjusts to dynamic business needs and conditions. Adjusts appropriately to the needs of the situation with a positive attitude and willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives; adapts to change quickly and easily; makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change; shows a willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques results from change.
- Entry Rate: $12.68 / hr. (guaranteed pay for at least 2 hours if ever called in. also paid on call premium for being on call.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: on call in the Provo area (1 out of every 3 weeks) (alternates with 2 other couriers) (on call from Monday PM through Monday AM next week.
- Department: Provo area - Supply Chain
- Additional Details: on call hours are 7PM through 7AM M-TH and then all weekend F 7PM until 7AM Monday morning. You are on-call every third week. You will pick up and deliver specimens to various location in the Provo area using a company vehicle and must deliver with 1 hr of call. Vehicle remains on Utah Valley Hospital campus. GREAT FOR A STUDENT OR SOMEONE JUST LOOKING FOR SOME EXTRA $$$. Must be dependable and able to work independently.
- Valid driver's license with no restrictions
- Six months experience in a customer service or logistics position.
- Meets the requirements for a routine driver as outlined in Intermountain Healthcare's Motor Vehicle Driver Policy (typically fewer than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years).
- At least 21 years old as required by DOT to operate a commercial motor vehicle. (NOTE: This is not required for Homecare employees because they are not required to obtain a CDL card.)
- For positions assigned to Courier Services: Ability to obtain valid CDL Medical card (obtained by getting a basic physical from a Physician to assure driver is safe and fit to drive) within 30 days of hire.
- Experience using internet and email applications.
- Climbing, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type On-Call / PRN