Mountain Valley Express Class C Bobtail Driver - Salt Lake City in Salt Lake City, Utah
Family owned and operated since 1976, Mountain Valley Express is California's premier LTL trucking company. We have an opportunity for transportation professionals to join our award winning team! We have grown to 9 terminals throughout California, Nevada and Arizona.
We have an immediate opening for a Bobtail Driver!
Full time Class C Driver
Home everyday with weekends off
*Position: *Class C Bobtail Driver
Position Summary: Drives a commercial truck (10,000 lbs. GVW or greater) to transport materials to and from specified destinations, by performing the following duties:
- Safely operates a commercial vehicle in compliance with all federal, state, local laws and Mountain Valley Express policy and procedures.
- Prepares, maintains and/or processes' documents in accordance with all federal, state, local laws and Mountain Valley Express policy and procedures.
- Collect payments as required by Company policy.
- Safely transports materials and/or hazardous materials in compliance with all federal, state, local laws and Mountain Valley Express policy and procedures.
- Maintains Class C or D Driver' logs and performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections according to federal and state regulations and Company policy.
- Maintains contact with supervisor to receive instructions.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Makes and breaks up sets of trailers by using and handling a converter gear.
- Ability to perform minor roadside repairs such as installing light bulb, and other light maintenance repairs as directed.
- Positions, blocks, braces, and/or ties rope around items to secure cargo during transit, if applicable.
- Operates a forklift as required to unload and load materials into trailer, if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements: Must have valid Class C Driver's License. Must be able to successfully pass drug/physical and background screening and be able to provide current copy of H6 DMV print-out (10 year driving record)
Benefits: We value our employees and offer an excellent benefit package after 60 days of employment. This package includes: Medical, Dental and Vision. 401k is available after 1 year of employment.
Those interested in applying or learning more about the position, please visithttps://mtnvly.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Job Start/End Date: 15-Sep-2017 to 14-Nov-2017 (PST)
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Employment Type: Full Time