Intermountain Healthcare Clinical Informatics Spec I in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Clinical Informatics Specialist I is responsible to perform one on one training and workflow assistance to an assigned group of providers or other clinicians for iCentra and other assigned Health Information Technologies. Also responsible to participate in initial training and re-training activities under the direction of the Region Clinical Informatics leadership team.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains an expert level of understanding of the user interface (features and functions) and their use in the clinic provider workflow and the workflow of other clinical and support staff that have direct touch points with provider workflows. Uses this knowledge to act as a subject matter expert and resource to others.
- Participates in making recommendations for workflow changes and user interface design improvements. Does this under the direction of the Clinical Informatics leadership and team members.
- Utilizes appropriate tools to meet ad hoc informational needs (e.g Cerner Advance, SAMI, SmartAuditor, etc.).
- In collaboration with others, participates with the clinical informatics team and with information systems to solve basic issues, incidents, problems according to agreed-upon service levels and according to defined standards and processes.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and works collaboratively with healthcare providers and other members of the care team to ensure communication processes, feedback loops, and problem solving efforts are effective.
- Understands service concepts and provides excellent customer service to stakeholders and peers.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively meet the needs of each audience.
- In collaboration with others, participates and collaborates with key stakeholders in the development of training and knowledge based materials.
- In collaboration with others, provides training and education to providers and other associated care team members in various facilities across the system.
- Travels as needed to meet with stakeholders, attend meetings, and facilitate training.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time
- Department: Clinical Informatics
- Location: Primary Children’s Hospital
- Associates Degree in business information systems, healthcare related field, or other business related degree (e.g. finance, business, etc.). Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.or Two years of equivalent education towards a Bachelor's degree. Education is verified.or Certified Medical Assistant, CNA/PCT, or HUC with three years of clinical experience in an Intermountain clinic or acute care setting working with providers as an iCentra physician coach.
- Demonstrated understanding of general concepts of business/healthcare environment, types of information used, how the data is produced, consumed, and transformed.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience working with Cerner solutions or other EMR vendor.
- Experience working in an integrated healthcare system.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working with and communicating with providers or similar constituencies.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City