Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Healthcare Consulting Actuary
Salt Lake City, Utah
Experienced Healthcare Actuary desired to perform consulting projects for insurer, employer, provider and government healthcare clients. Project manager and technical expert will oversee multiple consulting projects. Join current Consultants in serving a diverse and growing client base.
* Select and apply actuarial models to client situations
* Develop and implement actuarial models
* Manage client relationships
* Supervise a team of actuarial students
* Assist in training and management of staff
* Developing responsibilities will include expanding client relationships and active role in new business development (with support and mentoring by Senior Consultants)
* The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years healthcare industry experience, with a strong desire for personal professional growth, business development opportunities, and the opportunity to work in a merit-focused compensation structure.
* Experience in prioritizing and completing multiple projects and tasks
* Proficiency with spreadsheets, database applications and large datasets
* Technical proficiency in modeling healthcare pricing, reserving, healthcare reform topics and data reporting
* Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a flexible, team-based environment
* History of relationship building and client management/interaction
* Fellowship in Society of Actuaries – FSA
* Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to identify client issues and resources needed to solve problems
* Demonstrated ability to both lead and work as part of project teams
* Strong organizational skills
* High degree of self-motivation and flexibility
* Ability to develop and apply actuarial models to diverse client situations
* Client focused and results oriented
* Ability to plan projects, identify project deliverables, meet deadlines and ensure compliance with quality procedures
* Project management skills, including task delegation and follow-up, organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects
* Experience with spreadsheet and word processing applications is required, and experience with database and statistical applications (e.g. access, SAS) is desired.
* Attention to detail
* Strong work ethic
* Resourceful, creative, ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Prior consulting experience is a plus, but not necessary
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a bonus program. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The position offers excellent opportunity for advancement.
* See all job openings
* Common questions
Milliman, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status,
or any other consideration prohibited by law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation
with the job application process, please contact the HR department.