Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Pre Production Support Analyst
Region:US - Utah
Location:Salt Lake City
DescriptionRBS Global Banking and Markets has an in-house Risk Application covering counterparty exposure calculation and limit utilisation reporting, issuer risk, deal clearance and capital reporting. The application is evolving with small-scale enrichments to application functionality as well as large scale delivery projects to meet regulatory requirements and / or increased asset class coverage.
The role requires close co-operation with the development teams (70%). The remaining 30% with global support teams.
It should be noted that the role focuses on UAT environments. The role requires engagement with the development teams in a BAU bug/fix capacity as well as a ‘gate-keeper’ for the Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) phase of the application release process.
The applications are predominantly Java / Sybase on a Unix platform and are operated in separate ‘production’ and ‘contingency’ towers in separate data centres.
Application Support Analyst within a Follow the Sun” (FTS) support framework for in-house Credit Trading Book Risk Applications. Working with development teams in a BAU bug/fix capacity as well as a ‘gate-keeper’ for the Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) phase of the application release process.
Role-specific responsibilities include:
· Provide support cover for Risk Technology software and systems, as required
· Monitor UAT batches and ensure that batch issues are addressed and resolved
· Work with development teams to take on support of new Risk Technology Systems.
· Gather, analyse and report on operational capacity, utilisation and performance statistics, status & SLA reporting, etc.
· Systems are operated with minimal errors
· Problems are investigated and resolved in a timely fashion
· Stakeholders are kept informed about system status and problem resolution using language appropriate to each user area
Managing the team’s rota and liaising with other regional teams to ensure global support coverage
· At least 5 years experience of Production Support roles in investment banks
· Proven experience in supporting Credit Risk Systems
· Strong hands on technical skills – Sybase, SQL, UNIX ( Linux & Solaris )
· Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with business areas and other IT departments.
· Good understanding of Counterparty & Issuer Credit Risk business including methodology and terminology
· Experience of managing production systems following incident management, problem management and change management methodologies
· Ability to run root cause analysis meetings / post incident reviews
· Strong Shell scripting
· Experience with use of Autosys (or other batch scheduling products)
· Able to work under pressure and provide timely and accurate solutions to incidents
· Strong analytical & problem solving abilities
· Highly experienced with working in the production support domain
· Excellent communication skills, able to provide updates to business users, peers and managers
· Sound knowledge of front-to-back office investment banking business
· Good knowledge of the ITIL processes (or at least an appreciation of control processes such as incidents and change requests)
Knowledge of Information Security policies
· Wider Sybase toolset ( including database IDEs such as RapidSQL )
· Perl, Argon, XML, Java
· Familiarity with grid and cache products (such as data synapse and coherence)
· Geneos (or other eyes on glass”) monitoring products
· Knowledge of ITIL methodologies
· Understanding of network technologies
Appreciation of application development methodologies and the application development lifecycle
OurUtahoffices are located in Taylorsville,Salt Lake City. TheSaltLakearea is a haven for outdoor sports. It hosted the 2002 Winter Olympics games and boasts fantastic ski resorts, mountain bike trails and white water rafting – as well as six national parks. Everyone who works here needs to aspire to be the best in their chosen field. We’re rebuilding a business by capitalizing on our strengths. It’s the talent of our people that will make all the difference. Success is important to our clients, so we need people who compete to win and your drive and ability to succeed will be a key thing we look at during the recruitment process. In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer an excellent employee salary and benefit program which can be tailored to suit your individual needs. We also offer a wide selection of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your own work-life priorities