Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
/Category Medical Device/ R&D Technician
Job ID 2013-6091
Career Level experienced
Location/Division SLC, UT/ BAs
Posted Date 1/18/2013
Close Date ..
C. R. Bard, Inc. (NYSE: BCR)is a leading multinational developer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies in the fields of vascular, urology, oncology and surgical specialty products, employing over 11,000 people in over 25 countries around the world. Founded more than 100 years ago, we pioneered many devices that are now the cornerstones of modern healthcare.
We expect the highest levels of quality, integrity, service, and innovation from our employees – on the job and in the communities in which we work and live. In return, we foster an environment where individuals are treated with fairness and respect, and feel valued, acknowledged and rewarded.
Be Your Best at Bard – and ultimately, you can have an impact on the lives of people around the world.
Apply for this position
* Refer a friend to this job
More information about this job:
This position assists with engineering activities and performs tasks associated with those activities.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team oriented, fast paced environment. Bard Access Systems is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
• Independently coordinates assignments
• Performs job with limited supervision
• Technical Competence
• Team member
• Task/Result Oriented
• Performs job with accuracy and attention to detail
• Assists with decision making
Potential Task Assignments within the scope of this position:
1. Generates formal test protocols and reports.
2. Executes test protocols and procedures. Sets up and operates test equipment and records measurements.
3. Maintains accurate data and assists with analysis.
4. Provides process/test method training to manufacturing/QC personnel and other technicians.
5. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of BAS policies and procedures, ISO and FDA requirements.
6. Generates, expedites and tracks Development Builds.
7. Assists in conceptual input to the design of fixtures, tooling and equipment, as well as assists with recommendation, specification and procurement of capital equipment.
8. Achieves Operator” certification status for test equipment applicable to assigned area of responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Ability to enter data in Minitab and/or Microsoft Project and/or
2. Ability to read and understand CAD drawings (e.g. Solidworks)
3. Interpret and understand geometric tolerancy
4. Ability to analyze and evaluate data and recommend actions
5. Ability to write technical reports/protocols
6. Ability to coordinate test protocols
7. Ability to design (fixture, equipment and testing)
8. Ability to train lower level technicians and floor operators
9. Ability to work with little supervision
10. Ability to operate laboratory equipment within the area of assigned responsibilities
This position requires:
• an Associate's Degree in science, math or engineering with two years related experience, or
• a minimum of six years related experience
The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.