Cabela's Cabela's DC Athletic Trainer in Tooele, Utah
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! It’s In Your Nature!Cabela’s has an opening for an Athletic Trainer in the Health Services department at our Tooele, UT Distribution. Position Overview: Develops workplace programs and assists and advises employees with preventative measures to improve flexibility, range of motion, strengh, and general well-being to maximize performance and attendance. Conducts rehabilitation prescribed by doctor and/or physical therapist for Outfitters suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone damage, to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists employees with day-to-day muscle and joint related complaints to relieve pain and promote healing and comfort.
- Develops preventative workplace programs to promote Outfitters wellness through excersise, work hardening, enhancing strength and endurance, flexibility, and general well-being designed to minimize absenteeism and promote productivity.
- Evaluates processes and makes recommendations to improve workplace ergonomics.
- When necessary, will communicate with area medical providers to maximize referrals and on-site rehabilitation treatment for Outfitters. Reviews physicians referrals (prescription), Outfitters condition and medical records given by the physician or Outfitters to determine rehabilitation treatment required. Administers available in-house rehabilitation and arranges referral for any rehabilitation outside the scope of on-site facilities.
- Tests and measures patients strengths, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity and circulatory effeciency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
- Prepares written strengthening programs based on evaluation of Outfitter/patient data. Administers manual excersises to improve and maintain function. Instructs, motivates, and assists Outfitter to perform various physical activities and in use of assistive and support devices such as crutches, canes, and protheses.
- Administers stretching or strengthening exercises, treatments involving application of physical agents, massage, and/or traction to relieve pain. Evaluates effects of treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Assists with other health services tasks as needed such as performs pre-employment lift tests,drug & alcohol tests per company policy and investigating machinery or medical incidents.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 to 4+ Years’ Experience
- Athletic Trainer Certification (Required)
- Athletic Training Degree (Required)
- Sports Medicine Degree (preferred)
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance,andemployee discounts.
Pay Grade: 14E Apply Online:www.cabelas.jobs Closing Date: 9/30/2017
Auto req ID: 40891BR
Posting Title: Cabela's DC Athletic Trainer
Location/Division: Tooele UT - Distribution Center
Req Type: Non-Exempt