Salt Lake County Assistant Supervisor - Booking/Releasing - Current Sheriff's Office Employees Only in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Assists with supervision of personnel and ensures efficient functioning of the office.
Two (2) years of experience working in an adminstrative capacity.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must successfully pass an initial criminal background check as well as every two years thereafter and continuously meet the requirements of the Bureau of Criminal Information (BCI).
- Provide guidance and direction to staff; develop and implement policy for day-to-day operation within the unit.
- Responsible for the training of new employees as well as ongoing job-related training of Unit personnel.
- Prepares employee performance evaluations providing guidance, coaching and mentoring. Investigates reports of misconduct and recommends disciplinary action.
- Interviews candidates for job openings and makes hiring recommendations.
- Works closely with other supervisors and staff members to resolve problems and conflicts.
- May ensure that mail is handled and accounted for according to policy and procedure.
- May supervise delivery of purchased items to prisoners and scheduling of prisoner visits. Ensures professional phone room etiquette.
- May review items offered for sale to prisoners by the contract service provider and coordinates changes.
- May assist the Unit Supervisor by verifying validity of documents/identification from the Public, Attorney's, Clergy's, Law enforcement for visitation with the prisoners.
- May Respond to GRAMA Requests, Subpoena's, and Court Orders for Criminal History Records.
- May assist the Unit Supervisor by verifying the accuracy of prisoner paperwork and data entry for all bookings, releases and interim court-related additions and modifications, and verifying the validity of documents from surrounding courts and criminal justice agencies.
- May maintain log of unusual incidents involving court documentation and related problems and suggests options for resolutions.
- May communicate with the courts, ensuring appropriate paperwork is received and instructions followed.
- May facilitate and reviews documents so jail prisoners are appearing before the court on time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County
JAIL ADULT DETENTION CENTER-1003