Intermountain Healthcare Cardiac Fitness Asst in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for quality patient care to all participants in the Cardiac Rehabilitation and Fitness programs. This position assists in electro diagnostic testing.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists in providing care for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab programs consisting of therapeutic exercises. Implements and adapts exercise programs for patients according to established documents and goals, evaluating that they are the same in accordance with quality assurance criteria.
- Responds with appropriate emergency procedures to situations which may arise in the Rehab and Fitness settings.
- Provides Technical expertise and assessments to assist in the administration of diagnostic stress tests and accurately interprets EKGs.
- Cleans and inspects exercise equipment. Reports needed maintenance/repairs to supervisor. Stocks supplies and linens in a cost effective manner.
- Assists the Manager in the day to day functions and operations of the clinic.
- Demonstrates solid communication skills with patients, family and other healthcare providers.
- Entry Rate: $12.66
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN/OnCall position
- Department: Cardiac Rehabilitation
- High School or College courses in mathematics and science.
- Basic Life Support Ceritification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling, Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting and Standing.
- College student pursuing a healthcare related field such as exercise science, cardiac rehab, nursing or physical therapy .
- Previous clinical experience, teaching or leadership skills .
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 10
Primary Work Location Dixie Reg River Road
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-St George