Intermountain Healthcare Practice Director I - Orthopedics in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides effective leadership and accountability for ambulatory care operations including excellence in customer service, human resources, information systems, patient-focused clinical care, quality assurance and financial management.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Financial Management accountabilities, including: Develops, proposes, and manages operational budget. Develops, proposes, and manages capital budget. Maintains financial literacy relative to ambulatory care and industry trends. Manages accounts payable in an accurate and timely manner. Maintains inventory control processes and facilitates purchasing in accordance with established procedures. Manages facility assets in a responsible manner. Understands and adheres to all financial policies and procedures, and leads others to do the same.
- 2. Human Resources Management accountabilities, including: Responsible for payroll accuracy and timely approval. Conducts job interviews and employee selection in a manner that supports effective staffing. Performs onboarding and orientation with new staff to promote employee engagement and staff productivity. Conducts staff and provider rounding on a regular basis. Initiates activities to promote employee and physician engagement. Utilizes formal and informal recognition resources to recognize staff and provider accomplishments. Demonstrates accountability and follows through on assignments, projects, and tasks. Conducts training activities with staff and providers to support operational functions. Maintains effective staffing levels and adequate scheduling.
- 3. Information Management accountabilities, including: Understands and utilizes billing systems effectively. Maintains and ensures optimized utilization of telephone systems. Ensures compliance and appropriate utilization of information technology resources. Utilizes information technology to ensure accurate coding processes. Performs and participates in audits to ensure compliance and minimize organizational risk. Understands and abides by privacy laws (i.e. HIPAA) and organizational policies and procedures regarding health information management, safeguarding protected health information (PHI). Utilizes on-line resources, including intermountain.net, effectively.
- 4. Leadership accountabilities, including: Provides operational leadership in a manner that promotes a consistent, effective culture. Demonstrates effective written, verbal and electronic communication that is professional in both content and delivery. Leads in a manner that promotes positive physician relations and encourages physicians and others to have a voice. Maintains functional relationships with others throughout the organization to draw upon their expertise and resources effectively. Inspires and motivates others toward organizational and personal goal achievement. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- 5. Clinical Care Management accountabilities, including: Exemplifies and promotes positive patient relations. Understands and empowers frontline employees and providers to utilize effective service recovery, as needed. Promotes care delivery processes that are harmonious with the organization's healing commitments. Optimizes healthcare delivery processes to streamline an efficient patient flow. Understands quality improvement tools and methodology (i.e. 100% participation) and utilizes the same to improve both the delivery of extraordinary patient care and operational processes. Participates in, promotes, and utilizes patient feedback mechanisms, including patient perceptions of quality (PPQ) surveys, to ensure extraordinary care.
- 6. Patient Care Delivery Systems accountabilities, including: Understands clinical policies and procedures and ensures patient care is delivered in accordance with the same. Understands the medical home concept and implements model, as required. Understands the mental health integration concept and implements, as required. Understands the clinical programs concept and implements. Develops and promotes adherence to clinical standards of care. Implements and monitors identified quality measures to promote effective patient care delivery.
- 7. Facility Management accountabilities, including: Promotes safety and security in all facilities by conducting regular safety inspections and monitoring the work environment for potential hazards and maintenance issues. Actively participates in emergency preparedness activities, including drills, simulations and training with staff and providers. Ensures that material safety data sheets (MSDS) are accessible and that staff is familiar with workplace hazards and the process of responding to workplace exposures, accidents, injuries, and illnesses. Takes responsibility for all physical facility maintenance, including building repair, landscaping, and housekeeping. Ensures that preventative maintenance, repairs, etc. are completed on a regular basis on all equipment, as required.
- 8. Accounts Receivable Management accountabilities, including: Understands and utilizes financial assistance practices, training staff and providers to do the same. As necessary, coordinates accounts receivable activities with the Central Billing Department. Understands and utilizes approved collection practices in the back office, training staff and providers to do the same. Understands and utilizes financial best practices, training staff and providers to do the same. Understands and utilizes approved registration practices in the front office, training staff and providers to do the same. Understands and utilizes financial scorecard measures to benchmark, monitor, and improve financial and operational performance. Ensures accurate and compliant coding practices, training staff and providers to do the same, as applicable.
- 9. Other Management Responsibilities accountabilities, including: Explores feasibility and practicality of innovations in patient care delivery and patient-provider interactions, (i.e. on-line customer interface). Leads and initiates marketing activities to promote services, facilities, and providers within the communities served. Provides and promotes positive public relations.
- 10. Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. CQI, TQM, Lean, 100% participation, etc.).
- Entry Rate: $29.76
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F Full Time Exempt
- Department: Rimrock and Zion Orthopedics
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field (such as Public Health, Economics, Accounting, Nursing, etc.). Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Two years of healthcare leadership or practice supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills, including proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheet and advanced computer applications (i.e. database or presentations).
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, personal and professional ethics and an ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Experience developing relationships with healthcare providers.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Seeing, Speaking
- Healthcare leadership or practice management experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Dixie Regional MC
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George